Posted at 5:53 PM , on February 11, 2015
“Patience is not simply the ability to wait – it’s how we behave while we’re waiting.” — Joyce Meyer
Posted at 2:26 AM , on July 1, 2014
I have been getting many inquiries about the lip color I wore for the SELFIE above, taken on Friday afternoon. The lip color photographs very well and, it compliments a variety of skin tones (I have seen it for myself). Many people say red isn’t for everyone but, this lip color discredits that statement, it really works wonders.
I thought it would be cool to not only share with my followers where I got the lip color from but to also share my go-to beauty secrets. While modeling, in the past, for Baby Phat, Rocawear, Dereon, SELF Magazine and Seventeen Magazine, I was able to pick up a few tricks from the MUA’s on set.
In the order of how I apply my make-up below is my list of my favorite beautification products. BUT, before I share the list, I want to remind you all that make-up is primarily for the use of enhancing your already beautiful features. Here is the list:
- FOUNDATION: NARS Sheer Glow Foundation ($45.00): Usually, I drink a lot of water to keep my face clear. But, when special events comes up, I like to apply foundation to make sure I look wide awake. There are times when I do get asked, “are you tired?” So, this foundation really helps to keep my skin looking healthy and it gives it a nice glow! It is costly but, well worth it! I have been using this foundation for about three months and it has not run out yet. Just make sure not to apply foundation EVERY-DAY (if you do not have to… make-up in general can have long-term consequences and negative effects on your skin) also, do not over-pour out of the container, preserve your bottle.
- CONCEALER: SEPHORA COLLECTION Smoothing & Brightening Concealer ($17.00): I use this concealer to highlight my cheek bones (and, yes to create the appearance of a slimmer face). I draw two triangles under my eyes and a line straight down my nose. I then use my Rite Aid Renew Wedges to blend in the concealer. I like simplicity but, for a more detailed explanation on how to highlight and contour your face (properly) you can check out one of my beauty board pins on pinterest.
- BRONZER: CLINIQUE True Bronze Pressed Powder Bronzer ($26.00): Unfortunately, I am not wearing my bronzer in this SELFIE but, this is another amazing beauty product that you must have in your beauty bag. These might seem like expensive product but, they will last you a long time provided that you use the appropriate amounts when applying them to your face. Bronzer is really easy to apply, suck in air and make a face of a blow-fish. Apply the bronzer to your cheeks, to your forehead and chin.
- BLUSH: NARS Blush/Bronzer Duo ($30.00): Everything about the NARS orgasm collection is perfect, it seriously is… When applying this product to my face, I like to smile EXTREMELY hard, and apply the blush with a blush-brush to my cheeks in a triangle motion. Afterwards, I use a big fluffy brush to blend the foundation, concealer, bronzer and brush… it was a tip I got from a SEPHORA MUA.
- EYE-BROW PENCIL: ANASTACIA BEVERLY HILLS Perfect Brow Pencil ($23.00): This tool has become my BEST FRIEND, before I used to use powder, wax and a stencil (ANASTACIA BEVERLY HILLS kit). I still found that my eyebrows were looking way too strong. With this pencil you just follow your eyebrows natural shape and make your brows as thick or skinny as you please. When you master how to use this eye-brow pencil you will seriously thank me. For more tips on how to properly do your eyebrows check out this life-changing video.
- LIP COLOR: SEPHORA COLLECTION Cream Lip Stain ($13.00): Last but not least, the muse behind this post. This lip stain is one of the best make-up investments I have ever made. It is inexpensive yet, operates like a high quality lipstick similar to that of YSL and CHANEL. As you can see from my SELFIE, it photographs well and really compliments my complexion. Whenever I want to make a serious and bold statement this is my lip color of choice plus. It lasts the whole day and, it is available on one of my favorite sites ever: WiShi!